Monday, October 10, 2011

ISC ESOL BLOG: The new ISC ESOL blog

ISC ESOL BLOG: The new ISC ESOL blog: Please blog in your lesson plans and comments on this page from now on. We will no longer use the other blog account. - Thank you, Faten ...

------

Tuesday, Oct. 11, Morning/Beginner, by Justine

Hi everyone--here is a basic overview of the Morning Beginner class for Tuesday:

GRAMMAR POINT: past continuous ("I was doing") vs. simple past ("I did"

VOCAB THEME: at the doctor's office/emergency room; pp. 62-63, 75 of the Basic Oxford Picture Dictionary (red/white book)

ACTIVITIES:
1. READING: a dialogue of a patient and a receptionist at the ER
2. VOCABULARY REVIEW
3. WRITING: scrambled sentences (ex: my knee/I/broke.
ex: my bike/was riding/I.)
--possible writing/speaking prompts: When did you get hurt? What were you doing?
4. LISTENING: fill in the blanks while listening to the dialogue
5. SPEAKING: in pairs, make dialogues about an emergency (doctor/patient)
6. Speaking/writing: "What do I do if...?"
(ex: My stomach hurts. (Go to school.)
I was vomiting all night. (Stay home.)
I have bad chest pain. (Call 911).

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting Justine! It looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way that was me- Faten who posted the comment above! hehe

    ReplyDelete